Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Still under the storm clouds

B is home sick today. After days and days of pain from the tooth, he woke up yesterday hurting more than ever. We tried to go to work, but I ended up making him an emergency appointment for the afternoon. After two hours in the chair, they'd drained the abscess and put in a temporary root canal patch, and he's supposed to come back in two weeks. In the meantime, they changed the antibiotic that wasn't working to something different.

I spent an hour in line at the pharmacy, fighting with them. They initially tried to give him something he was allergic to, and then they were too busy to put us through to the front of the line after they realized their mistake. Needless to say, as they were also filling the pain meds for us, I was not happy.

The girl was incredibly sweet last night. She made B some homemade gourmet-style asparagus and brie cream soup. It was wonderful. I think the kids were worried about him.

He got on the Vicodin and we thought it might be better, but he was up and down all night long, as soon as the anaesthetic wore off, in agony. I left him this morning, against my will, with two more Vicodin just beginning to take effect. I hope he can get some sleep.

And I have to be here at work, wondering how he is. This is going to drive me crazy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment