
So, this is the Singer sewing machine we picked up at Goodwill for a whopping $15. I knew I had a diamond in the rough.
After all the sanding and stripping (someone had dealt with all the little nicks and scratches of time by putting a coat of brown - splotchy - tempera paint over the whole thing), we were left with a beautiful cabinet. We used a couple of coats of stain and many coats of polyurethane to bring back the luster of the really nice woodgrain.

In spots the grain of the wood looks just like a tigers tail. This has turned out to be a beautiful piece of furniture, and I am so tickled to be able to move it back in the house after four weeks of working on it!
Pardon the mess in the background. It's also 'garage rotation time' - the season of the year when we take all the summer stuff (camping equipment, lawn stuff, bikes, etc) back to the storage unit so there is room for the winter stuff to come in, so you're seeing all the mess in transit. :-)
Such is life...

No comments:
Post a Comment