At just that moment, Buddy, the little elderly mop-dog, decided that he was going to make his way out of where he'd been sleeping, unseen, under the table. There was a frantic dance, much scrabbling of claws on laminate, and then this:
When my daughter came into the room, I was standing over it with legs aspraddle. Thick, fragrant potato soup was splattered all the way up to my knees. My mouth was hanging open. So was hers. We looked at each other. "Oh, Mommy..." she said, giving me a half-hug, but being careful not to get too close. While we surveyed the disaster, the weiner dog slipped in. One weiner cleanup crew, on the job. Our eyes met again, and we started laughing.
We laughed so hard I thought I might wet myself. I had to go out to tell B that dinner might take a few more minutes, while the girl ran to Burger King for backup. I tried to tell him what had happened, but every time I did I fell victim to the giggle fit.
Judge for yourself. It was howlingly funny. There are some days you just gotta laugh.
1 comment:
Alright you guys... I know what that picture looks like.
Take my word for it... it was GOOD SOUP before it hit the floor!
Post a Comment