Day 4 Love is Thoughtful
How precious also are Your thoughts to me... How vast is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. - Psalm 139:17-18
Today's Dare
Contact your spouse sometime during the business of the day. Have no agenda other than asking how he or she is doing, and if there is anything you could do for them.
What did you learn about yourself or your spouse by doing this today?
How could this become a more natural, routine and genuinely helpful part of your lifestyle?
********************************************************************
HAHAHAHA. This was a funny one.
I should explain myself. B and I work together, and for the last two weeks we'vebeen beating our brains in on a really frustating project that seems to be going nowhere, endlessly. So every time one of the two of us sees each other, or picks up the phone, it's another problem that needs to be sorted out.
So, in the spirit of doing this daily exercise, I picked up the phone this afternoon. The conversation went something like this:
Ring ring.
"This is B."
"Hey, it's me."
"What's up?"
"Oh nothing. I just called to see how you were doing."
Long silence. "I'm working on the database, sorting out the addresses. Like we talked about a few minutes ago. What's wrong?"
"Nothing. Everything's going fine." At this point I'm trying to salvage the conversation and keep it off of work. No agenda, right?
"Oh...kay. What did you need?"
"Nothing. I just called to say I love you." Yikes. Violation of cardinal rule #2: no moosh moosh at work.
"Mmmm." Evidently he is not alone at his desk. Ooops.
I try to pull it out. Go back to the script, M. "Can I do anything for you?"
By now he thinks I'm insane. "Uh, no. Just finish your part of the database. Are you having problems with it?"
"Oh, um.. no. Okay, thanks... I'll let you go. Bye."
*******************************************************
How could this become a more natural part of our lives? If we didn't work together! LOL
Passing judgment on this exercise, I would have to say that this would be more useful for couples who had totally separate lives. As far as B and I, I think we've got this one covered!
Here's hoping he doesn't consign me to the loony bin when the forty days are up!
No comments:
Post a Comment