Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Unselfishness

FIRST off, let me say 'wow'. The kids and I had an election rally in the living room last night, and I'll have to say that I heard more intelligent debate in there than I have in a year's worth of MSN. Hmmm...

And because I was shamelessly election-watching last night, you get my exercise late. Do I gotta to stand with my nose against the wall, teacher?
__________________________________________________

Day 3 Love is not selfish

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor. -Romans 12:10

Today's Dare

Whatever you put your time, energy and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not invested in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something today that says, "I was thinking of you today."

What did you choose to give your spouse? What happened when you gave it?

**********************************************************

Today in the mail I got a package from Terry's Village, a little cutesy mail order company that we girls in the office frequently order from. I bought several little things for the house, but two things there caught my eye, and I had to order them for B. This happens to me frequently. I usually don't have a problem with this exercise - everywhere I go I think of him, and little things remind me of him.

The first thing was a silverplated can cooler, monogrammed with B's initials on it. I'm thinking it will make a great stocking stuffer for the man who has everything but a cold beer!

The other was one of those country-decor style signs. Something in it made me think of B.

I hung it over the entry to the dining room, and last night at dinner I watched him look up and smile a little. It sits directly across from his seat at the head of the table.

He makes me so proud. I hope he's found peace in this home... in his home. Our home.



No comments:

Post a Comment