
FRIDAY, sweet Friday.
It's a better day today. Last night we decided to leave the previous day where it lay, and we had a wonderful evening. We went to plant our little garden plot, putting in the tomato and pepper plants, the cilantro and the onion sets, and I planted a row of crazy colored zinnias just for fun.
The neighbors came over for a while to talk to B while I was in town getting groceries with the girl, and they all wanted to talk about what an ass my ex was, coming in with the stereo blaring making such a fuss on a pretty summer evening.
It's supposed to be 97 this weekend, a huge change from the 50 degree weather it's been the past few weeks. What a crazy crazy year. B and I need some sandals, and I think we should look at some shorts for him. He went out to mow yesterday afternoon and came in sweaty in his boots and jeans.
I have an eye infection this morning from trying to wear my contacts on Wednesday. I woke with one stuck shut. *sigh* And they've been itchy all day. It means a visit to the doctor if they get worse before my recheck appointment on Monday.
And speaking of appointments, David will be in town with my CD today and I have to hook up with him somehow. I'm thinking of sending the girl in my stead. I don't want to upset B all over again, and I know how easy it is to get stuck with David, chatting. But, OH, how I want to see those proofs so I can pick out the one for B! (And as I type this, the phone rings and David calls, telling me he won't be in town today after all and could I please wait till Monday. So we're off the hook...somewhat.)
Not much to say today, other than that I'm looking so forward to the weekend. B promises that he will go for some walks with me in the evenings, so we'll have to see if that pans out.
Hmmmm... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment