The truly rotten part about it is that if the judge ends up ordering alimony for even a short time, it prevents us from marrying, because in this state my income could be counted as his income for support purposes. *sigh* They won't care that we have two teenagers getting ready to go to college, or that I have bills to pay on my own, or that he's still paying his daughter's student loan. We're just praying for the best.
Last night was a little piece of wonderful. B took the girl and I out for dinner at a Mexican restaurant, since neither one of us wanted to cook. The meal was great and the company even better, and everyone was happy.
The boy stayed home since he wanted to play on the new computer he and B built. It was sweet watching them work together.Later that evening, I caught up on all my chores, and was mildly distraught that I'd missed most of the time that I usually spend with B, as he came in to tell me that he was going to bed early.
I puttered around a while, taking care of some things on the computer and chatting with friends about American Idol, and finally was wore out around 10:30. I crawled off to bed and into the welcoming arms waiting for me. B sleeps so lightly it's nearly impossible for me to sneak into bed without him knowing.
He woke sometime in the night around 2 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I think he went to bed too early and had gotten his sleep in. I roused around 2:30 to find him lying there watching me sleep, smiling. It made me giggle. "I'm sorry I woke you," he said. "I couldn't sleep for the past couple hours, and I just couldn't help snuggling you."
"Snuggling with you is one of my favorite occupations," I murmured, nuzzling into his chest with a smile. I sighed in bliss. "Sometimes I just want to crawl inside of you and stay there forever."
It must have been around 3:30 when we drifted back to sleep, and the alarm went off at 5:30 as usual. Thank God I remembered to set the coffeepot before I went to bed. :-) I know I'll be tired today at work, but it's all so worth it that it doesn't even matter.
My portraits will be here tomorrow. I saw the proofs, and David's made me beautiful. I can't wait to show them to B. Oh my....
The girl starts her summer job today after school, and the kids are off tomorrow. I'm still tossing over the idea of taking the day off. B said he didn't think it was worth it, but we'll have to see. No plans for the big weekend, just a long weekend of spending time together.
Yahoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment