Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No more blasts from the past

I GOT an email from someone yesterday and I'm still trying to make sense of it.  Just when we'd come through the long dark tunnel of our own drama, and were feeling somewhat solid.  B's daughter and her new husband visited last week, we had a nice short week filled with a lot of family and love, and a really nice big family dinner on Saturday night.  Our other daughter is finally doing better with her blood clots and has swung seamlessly back into school.  Things were feeling pretty darn good.

And then an email, uninvited, loaded.  Out of the blue.  Kicking the legs right out from under me.

It is going to take a lot of support and strength to face this one.  Thank God B understands, and does not love me any less for the insanity of my family.  I don't know how I'm going to cope with hearing from this person out of the blue, who seems to want to rehash some long and ugly miles of the past.  I have worked a long time to climb out of the mud and into the sunshine, and I am very proud (and very happy!) with where I am today.  I am so very blessed.

But Pandora has laid a rather large and stinky egg in my inbox, and I have to deal with it somehow.  The subject of the next few weeks of self-reflection and prayer will be what I do with it.  Do I answer?  Do I ignore it?  Do I have a Christian obligation to smile and let him dump a steaming load of self-pity and excuses on me in the name of family blood? 

Do I owe this man absolution?

No comments:

Post a Comment