Interview with Aunt Becky,” a/k/a Becky Sherrick Harks from Mommy Wants Vodka.
Is there anything that you see people around you doing or saying that adds a lot to their happiness, or detracts a lot from their happiness?
We've all been dealt some pretty crappy cards in life at one point or another. I am the product of two alcoholics, and my childhood was not exactly a Norman Rockwell painting, if you can imagine it. But we can all walk around with a big red VICTIM painted on our forehead, expecting people to tiptoe around our feelings and give us special dispensation for our VICTIM status, or we can dust ourselves off, accept that it sucked pretty hard and move on.
The people who have the VICTIM on their foreheads are the ones that I see that are in a cycle of unhappiness because they're always blaming other people. It's hard to get over, I know. I know.
We all have skeletons in our closets. We might as well pull them out and make 'em dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment