Awwww.
I'm back at work today, Thank God. Couldn't take staying home any longer. Three things make me happy today:
1. My stepdaughter got her Christmas package! Yay! (But her Lush package won't get there till after Christmas, darnit. Silly weather, anyway!)
2. I got my Performance Review, and it was AWESOME. My boss said I was doing a great job and to keep it up. The only thing I could improve on would be to be out sick less often (including being out because of the kids.) I have to agree; this year just seems to have been a terrible one as far as one crisis after another. Let's hope that 2009 is better! My boss is going to be leaving the organization and his replacement will be moving up from the next position down, so change is in the air. I got a new timesheet blank today with my new department on it. I am officially my own department now. My boss is going to tell the new boss that he should just leave me to run wide open - that I know what needs to be done and he can count on me to do it without having to babysit me. That's big praise.
3. I got the letter back from the state regulatory department that oversees my department's activities. I'd gotten the call from their office that they had to write us up due to an oversight in making a phone call in a timely manner during a recent incident that happened. I had, obviously, been dreading it. Instead of being a violation, the letter actually was a commendation for our department and the organization in general in handling the incident, for the most part. It did tell us that we needed a more cohesive plan next time, but in the grand scheme of things, I was well pleased by the result. This is my department, and I am proud of it.
Oh... and I was just sitting here thinking of how blessed I am when B came in from his break where he'd been having a cigarette, and wrapped his big fuzzy scarf round my neck. Mmmmm... it smells like him. It was made by his daughter, with her talented fingers. I feel so loved.
And we're both feeling better today, praise the Lord. My tummy muscles ache, but at least eating isn't such a risky proposition. Now if we can keep B's potassium levels up, we'll be golden.
Back to work. Much to do. Sounds like the winds of change are blowing here at work, so I need to keep on top. Spreadin' my sails wide......
No comments:
Post a Comment