Sunday, June 29, 2008

One step forward and two steps back

THIS week has been a bear. It's Sunday, and I have a little bit of the weekend left to myself, and don't quite know what to do with it. I would write or paint, but the muse just isn't producing, the selfish little beast! LOL Maybe I need some 'muse juice'... something like hummingbird nectar or something, to feed her.

We got home from the walk in clinic a couple of hours ago. B is feeling pretty crappy. He has a viral infection that has settled in his chest, and he's absolutely wracked by coughing. I'm sure the smoking isn't helping matters, but it's hard enough to quit. The clinic was a zoo. We were there for a good two hours. They took chest xrays, but found nothing but a lot of congestion. He's off for three more days, and home on bedrest. So I'll be on my own for the next several days. I hate it when he's sick.

He's been very distant for the last several days. I'm not sure if it's that he's not been feeling good, or if it's that we've had company (the kids' sister was here picking them up to take them to her place for two weeks), or whether it's something at work. I hope it's something that passes soon.

Not much to say today. The kids are gone and the house is too quiet. I would take a nap with B, but I know it will keep me up late at night. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment