Wednesday night I got a little huffy with him. He was on the puter, and I tried to ask him a couple of things, but he didn't seem to hear me. He was too intent on whatever he was typing. We still have some ex issues with emails, so I have been somewhat sensitive to 'hidden communications'. I guess that's a trust issue on my part. I make very plain all my outside communications with other people, particularly if they're male, because I know I have a tendency to be jealous, and I want to make sure I'm being above the board my own self. Since he was being fairly furtive about what he was writing, I assumed the worst.
I went off into my room to be alone for awhile and work out my frustrations rather than take it up with him. I'd been in there for about half an hour, feeling a little bit hurt and angry, when he came in. He kissed me on the back of the neck, and I never could hold a grudge, particularly with B. So I turned over and we talked for a while, and imagine the egg on my face when he told me what he'd been doing. He'd read that article, and it touched him so much he had to respond. And this is what he had to say:
"I've recently moved into a relationship where the children had been abused by the father, and it gives me great pleasure to show them that a stable, loving relationship can be had by the entire family. There is no yelling, no abuse, nothing but the love that I have for their mother.
Don't sweat the small stuff, treat people the way that you would like to be treated, love as though there is no tomorrow - because tomorrow never comes.
I'm 52. With Parkinson's Disease. The Love of My Life is 39 with 2 teens. I want to show them how to live in this crazy world.
I raised a wonderful daughter - in spite of her mother having bi-polar disorder. I hope to allow my "new" family the beauty and wisdom that my daughter has."
My B, my precious B. He's done a wonderful job with his daughter. I've met her and I can testify. In six short months he's turned my children nearly 180 in the right direction. He amazes me and delights me every single day, and I wish there were a way to convey that to him without being sappy. Because it isn't written in a card, or wrapped in a box with pretty paper. We will take him out to dinner on Sunday but it won't be nearly enough.
I hope he feels the love.
No comments:
Post a Comment