Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Pink Floyd redux

BEARS have become our inside joke. :-) It's good to have something to laugh about.

Last night was good. The daughter came home on time, B and I had a good time, and it was relaxed and fun. For awhile, the kids were all out and about, and we had a few moments to ourselves before dinner. We spent it in the kitchen, clinging, as we do. (and as I type these words, my mind flashes back to Sunday, and a few precious moments spent in the garage, swaying on the concrete floor to some sweet soft Linda Ronstadt, my body pressed against his as he slow danced me. Drowning in the scent and the feel of him, caught up in those beautiful blue eyes.)

The daughter and I went to Wal Mart, and treated ourselves to Starbucks on the way. It was a good night. When we got home, B and I made dinner. He is indeed the master of the grill. While I was gone, he put the laminate on the drafting table he's been restoring for me, and it looks wonderful. And as we melted together in the kitchen, he gave me his mischievous little smile and pushed me backwards into the dining room to show me that he'd put the trim medallions on the floor trim. They looked spectacular. Thinking of the house he built for his first wife, the one she disparaged as 'cheap and shoddy', I took his face between my hands and told him "I wonder if she knows how lucky she was?" How precious must it have been to have this man build a house, designing it in his head and on paper, thinking of my convenience and comfort.

Everything about B is about giving. It's hard to grasp sometimes. He takes so little for himself.

We went to bed around 8:30, doing the nightly routine back in the bedroom, when I stopped him, listening. There was a distinctive sound coming from my son's room. "It's Pink Floyd" B said.

I cocked my head, listening to the music. "No... it's a remake." I said. "Listen to the heavier parts..." And sure enough, it was a remake, done by one of the bands my son listens to.

B's eyes sparkled, and off he went. He was back in a few moments, leading me by the hand out to the computer. "Listen..." He said, grinning. "Early stuff... before Dark Side of the Moon."

We shared a few moments there, listening to the album while my daughter came and went, sharing some conversation between us all, laughing and joking and just being mellow, before we finally went off to bed.

_______________________________________________

WE woke this morning at 2 a.m. The dogs were restless, and I couldn't go back to sleep. I rolled over and felt that electric spark from him. We cuddled for a while, and I ran my hands across all of his beloved curves, before we fell deep into a rhythm, kissing slow like breathing. And all was right in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment