Thursday, April 10, 2008

New beginnings

UGH. Thursday already. Three more days of peace and then we have to go pick the kids up. Would be nice to say we spent it leisurely, but.... things need a'fixin, and that's the way it goes.

Today I have to go on a business trip with a colleague, so we're at it early this morning, up before the dawn. I have only a couple of minutes here before B will be done shaving and ready for me in the shower.

I've been thinking how beautiful it is... this love. He's been introducing me to his large family a piece at a time, and when he does, he says "This is the love of my life". How incredible is that?

On another note, I bought us tickets to see Leon Redbone next week. Should be fun... a chance to get out of the house, dress semi-nice, and be escorted by a handsome man. How can you beat that? I went to get reserved tickets , and the lady that sold them to me asked me where I wanted to sit. The ones she had were to the backside of the reserved section (since I was so late in buying them) and mostly in the outside middle. I thought hard about having to climb over people to get in and out of rows, and finally picked the only pair she had that was on an outside aisle. Not the best place to see the stage, but I wanted to make sure that if B needed to get up and move around he could do so easily. He thinks of so many little things for me. I try hard to make sure I think ahead.

I was awake early this morning, and laid there listening to him sleep. He rolled over and pulled me close, my face in that soft curve of his shoulder, and it was blissful.

____________________________________________

I had a dream again on Monday night.

I am getting fat. I put my hands down on my lower belly, and something is moving in there. I go in to the doctor, and he says "You're pregnant". I say "That can't be... I don't have a uterus." He shows me the picture, and there it is: a little ball, about the size of my fist. I lay my hands on it, feeling it turn over and over, awash in wonder. It is true.

I looked up the meaning when I got to work. I like it. The birth of a new life...

Pregnant
To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or life.

No comments:

Post a Comment