AND so.... it's the end of March, and we woke this morning to quite a surprise. "What the BLINK!!" says B, peering out the lacy bedroom curtains.
"Mmmmm..." I murmur sleepily, already missing his warmth and cursing the fact that I forgot to put the coffee on when we went to bed once again. I drag my lazy heinie up to go peer out while he makes his morning ablutions. "Holy SHITE!" It's snowing... big fat fluffy flakes, piling up on about two inches of wet, completely covering the yard. It looks like December. Dismayed, I wonder about the twelve pots of pansies that I set out just yesterday, now buried somewhere under the drifts of white.
But, I have to admit, it's a cozy little sight, even though it means poor B has to go outside and tromp through the wet to get the paper. And he has, angel that he is, of course. Instead of curling up with the Sunday paper like usual, I put on some big ol biscuits for breakfast, so that he has something nice to come inside to when he comes in from his morning smoke.
Beautiful man... he's unshaven today, and it tickles me pink. In his leather jacket and stubble he looks like Harrison Ford, striding forth to go out and conquer the world, maybe save a few maidens. We have had such a good weekend this weekend. Dinner out with our coworkers on Friday evening, filled with laughs and beer and good times. A trip to the dump (my favorite place!) and a few lazy hours spent wandering at Home Depot. The kids quiet and occupied, and this morning, a fire in the fireplace, waiting for us to cuddle in front of.
Sheer bliss.
No comments:
Post a Comment