Thursday, March 27, 2008

Deadly Sinning

CONFLICT seems to be the order of the week. We had another little go-round last night. This time, rather than retreat from my picking, he stood his ground and corrected me. This was good.

I had a moment of sheer karmic coherence when something I'd accused him of turned round and bit me myself. Suddenly, I had a moment of epiphany. I told him "I understand how you feel now. I am sorry." And lo and behold... we were able to connect. I think we communicated much more honestly last night than we have ever done before. We weren't afraid to tackle the issue head on.

It was good, it was healthy, and we worked it out. And making up was sweet, although I could feel the frustration still in his body when we made love. Thank God it seemed to be over by this morning.

___________________________

Today he's filling in for one of the girls at the front desk for lunch, so he's been instructed to dress up, since the public will see him. He's resplendent in his Dockers and a nice shirt. He takes my breath away. I am so proud.

It's hard to listen to all the girls talk about how nice he looks, and how they hope he does it often. I know jealousy's a sin, and I really don't believe it's anything more than flattery, but I see how they look at him, and I confess to being human. My God, who WOULDN'T want to stand next to this man and admire him?

How fortunate am I to be here.

Please don't let my insecurities ruin this singular and wonderful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment