WELL, it's been a hectic week and promises to be just about over (I hope). Yesterday alone (which I took off work without B), looked like this:
7:30 a.m. - dropped B off work
Shortly after 8:00 a.m. - got to the neighboring city, where the courthouse is. I went there for an appointment to see the court facilitator to go over my child support modification paperwork. The appointment, of course, isn't till 9 am. But I didn't want to be late, and you never can tell how long it's going to take to get through traffic.
Sitting in car in the parking lot killing time - 8:15 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. - Got a text from the girl saying the screw in her foot is bothering her and we need to schedule a time to get it taken out. Called the doctor's office and set her up for tomorrow while we are going to be there anyhow (B has his 6 mo. neuro checkup), since it's an hour and a half out of town. Called my hair salon to see if I could get in. Texted B to let him know that the girl would be going with us on Thursday.
9 a.m. - Met with the facilitator. She doesn't know much more than I do, but thinks my papers are all in order. I could file them this morning, but I'm uncomfortable with the 'I THINK so'. Decide to call my own attorney and see if he can just look them over to make sure all my ducks are in a row. The whole meeting with the facilitator lasts fifteen minutes. I see my organization boss on my way into the courthouse. He looks at me funny, but waves. I follow him up the stairs to Superior Court. At the top of the stairs I turn left for the clerks' office and he turns right into the courtrooms. Hmmm... wonder why he's in court this morning?
When I get back to the car I call my attorney's office and talk to the girls there. I have to call them anyway - it's on my list. I had to give them the last details for our wills and schedule a time to come sign. They told me to bring the paperwork in and leave them for the attorney to look at.
On my way back to hometown.
9:45 a.m. - Stop into work and give B the heads up that we have an appointment to sign wills on Monday. Try to explain everything up to there but he gets frustrated, confused, and then angry. I leave.
10:00 a.m. - Stop at the lawyer's office and spend half and hour shooting the breeze with the girls, whom I haven't seen in six months. Recap B's daughter's wedding and all the intervening fun. :-) Drop off the paperwork.
10:30 a.m. - Text the girl and tell her I can too go to her doctor's appoitnment with her this morning. Run up to the school and pick her up.
11:00 a.m. - We go into her ultrasound appt and who do we see at the counter but a familiar person? Grandma, who works upstairs! :-) The girl has her ultrasound and we have bad news - the clot is still there. The girl is distraught. We go upstairs to talk to Grandma, who takes a few minutes between patients to talk the girl off the cliff.
11:30 a.m. - The girl and I get Starbucks, because we darn well deserve it. And then we run the car through the car wash, since her boyfriend is working there and B hates to do it. It starts sprinkling approximately 5 minutes afterward. LOL
12:00 - I have a hair appointment. She decides to go with me and go back to school afterward. Aaaaaah....I could lie in the hairwashing basin and have a scalp massage FOREVER. The hairdresser is slow, and doesn't get done until 1:15. More on the haircut later, when I decide if I'm keeping it or not. I am minus a LOT of hair.
1:15 p.m. - Take the girl back to school so she doesn't miss another day of AP English, since she has to miss tomorrow. Consider running another errand, but I don't have time before my doctor's appt at 2, so I go to Walgreens' and pick up a novel to read out of the bargain bin.
2:00 p.m. - OB/gyn appointment. Long story. Routine girly exam, blah blah blah, plus new stuff.
3:15 p.m. - Off to the lab for bloodwork.
3:30 p..m. - Can't pick B up yet, must kill a few minutes. Decide to go pick up make-n-bake pizza. Lo and behold - guess who is behind me in line? My dad! In one day we see both my parents, whom we haven't seen since Christmas. What a funny!
4:00 p.m. - Pick B up from work. He is too stressed out to talk about anything, and doesn't have the resources to process anything I need to tell him about the day. Maybe later....
5:30 p.m. - After baking the pizzas, it's time for my online writer's group. Lots of fun, but takes forever. I finally get tired and log off at about 7 p.m. when they haven't yet gotten done bs'ing and gotten down to work, and B comes in asking if I want to watch a movie.
7 p.m. - Start 'The Fellowship of the Ring'. Aaah.... curled up on couch in B's arm.
9:15 p.m - The boy comes in. His friend needs a ride home - to the other side of town - by 9:30. Guess who got voted to do it?
10:00 p.m. - Finally in bed.
Today?
Drop B off again
8:15 chiro appt for me
11 a orthodontist for me
3:30 neuro for B
4:00 podiatrist for the girl
and both of those last are out of town. And Zumba, at 7 p.m., cause I missed the last one. Holy cats.... If I survive the day, going back to wrok tomorrow will be a mercy!
1 comment:
Uh huh. Going back to "wrok" tomorrow. Cause that's how my last two days have gone. LOL
Home for a moment having a bite to eat before we run off to the appointments this afternoon. Unfortunately I stopped off at 'wrok' and checked my voice mails: there's approximately a million of them and all of them are angry at me for a new charge we had to apply to their utility bills. Tomorrow - the task of talking to all of them.
Shit.
Tomorrow will be a king size chocolate bar and Starbuck's kinda day. Did I say here's to Friday? Here's to THE WEEKEND. ;-)
Post a Comment